Thursday, 7 August 2014

Oh August

August you have crept up on me. How is it possible that 3 years have passed...I can't really wrap my head around it. I have been distracted and also happily so with taking care of Mimi and starting a new job. All of a sudden Angel's birthday is just around the corner.

A professional coach I worked with at my last job made a fleeting comment to me that our lives process and change in a three year cycle. Meaning that if you have a major life change it can take that period of time to adjust and look ahead. I think in terms of my grief it rings true. I feel quite different than I did at her 2nd birthday. I feel some acceptance and I can focus on being happy in general. This does not mean that I don't think of her all the time and I will always wonder what might have been. I am triggered from time to time and my heart will always long for her. But I have found some sense of peace and sunshine after the storm. 


1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you recently knowing that Angel's birthday is coming up soon. Will keep you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete