Especially this weekend with Mother's Day.
The first topic is identity.
Before Angel died the following words described me:
Daughter
Sister
Loyal Friend
Wife to my best friend
Good student
University grad
Proud Government employee
Optimistic
Sheltered
Happy
Determined
Expectant mother
My identity shifted drastically and went through lots of phases after Angel died.
Unraveled
Dark
Grieving
Afraid
Angry
Unforgiving of myself
Devastated
Lost
Broken
Missing her
I remember saying to my father in law about six months after she died that I still felt like I had "dead baby" written on my forehead for all to see.
That is how raw it was and how much it consumed my identity.
Over time as I processed my feelings I started to heal more. There was more to it than just a black hole all the time.
Enlightened
Reflective
Seeker of joy and peace and contentment and meaning
Grieving mom
Mom of Angel
Missing her
Stronger
Living for her
Living for me

No comments:
Post a Comment