Sunday, 25 October 2015

Choosing your breath: fear and loss

As Francesca said, if anything has lingered in this life after loss, it is fear. Fear was one of the most paralyzingly feelings I felt and continue to feel since the day I lost her.   Rational or not, I know first hand how things change in a moment and I am often waiting for the other shoe to drop. I fear loss of others in my life, and it takes only a small thing to set my mind off - if Jeff isn't home when I expect, I immediately think he has been in an accident. If Mimi isn't at the window when we pull in the driveway, I feel the fear in my chest that something happened to her.

It is not easy controlling the fear. It is something I struggle with as I try to find peace of mind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment