In the self care part of this week she says: Carve out time to do something new or old. Something adventurous, wild, maybe even fun. You deserve to laugh, and feel unbroken again.
In January I went on one of the best adventures of my lifetime. I travelled across the world with two of my best friends, to Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Going to the Middle East is not something I ever expected to do but it was an opportunity I couldn't say no to. I saw and experienced amazing things! I felt a piece of me coming alive again, and my love of travel was back.
I thought of Angel often and of Carmen too. There were reminders of both of them there for me. With Angel, it was in a store name or the butterfly displays I saw. It was in the sunsets. For Carmen it was the uncanny familiarity to the trip we had together in Vegas.
I kept thinking to myself - I will live for her.
This thought applies to both of them - my daughter and my cousin. They can't be here but I am - and I am going to make the most of it for them. In their honor and to honour life itself. It is a beautiful big world out there - with so much wonder.













No comments:
Post a Comment