Saturday, 4 May 2013

I wish

It has been 20 months and 23 days since I last held my daughter. I will never ever forget letting go of her for the last time.
Grief is a constant companion that I cannot ever shake despite my intentions. As we approach international bereaved Mother's Day tomorrow I feel the sadness and fatigue creeping in. I am tired of pulling this grief around with me. I wish I could shake it off. I wish I could be certain it will get better. I wish I never knew the pain of losing a child. I wish I could hold her again.


3 comments:

  1. We are so close in our losses. And I experience that, too. The heaviness of grief, following me around all of the time. I wonder if it will ever go away, or if I am sentenced to the rest of my life with this heaviness. For the past few days, I have felt so empty. Vast spaciousness inside of my chest. It's not a pleasant sensation. I think that it is just deep missing, deep longing for my boy. My baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that you could too. It gets so tiring having grief as your constant companion.

    ReplyDelete