Sunday, 20 September 2015

Choosing your breath: The fear of forgetting

One of the struggles with grief from losing your child is not wanting to let go. Let go of the pain, of their memory, of the sadness - these are at first so intertwined that it is hard to let go of the soul wrenching pieces so you can heal.
This week's exercise is to write what you feel about the following:
I never....
I never want to forget the weight of her in my arms 
I never want to forget what I have learned from her life and loss- the awakening that has taken place in me
I never will feel the same pain I did for her - nothing in life could hurt me as badly
I wonder...
I wonder what she is doing on the other side. Is she happy? Is she safe? 
I wonder what she might have looked like and become, if she was here today
I wonder what is next and I am so thankful that I want to know that, that I have that desire to be here and live again
I wish...
I still wish I had her here - that will never change
I wish others could know how precious life is, and be grateful for every day


No comments:

Post a Comment