Baby loss is one of those things that people do shudder to think about it and I am sure are grateful it is not happening to them. In some ways I don't know how I made it through but when it comes down to it, your body keeps going through the motions, keeps breathing for you, keeps your heart pumping - when you don't know how to take another step. That carried me through in the early days.
The inner strength or resilience took ALOT longer. It took therapy and group supports and friendships with other beautiful loss moms. It took having Jeff to lean on. It took so much self reflection and a shift to being grateful for what I do have. It took letting go - of the guilt and the focus on what should have been. It took forgiveness. It took me taking small steps and then larger steps to live again for me. Just for me. The strong in me took years to build and it still a work in progress.

No comments:
Post a Comment