Monday, 24 June 2013

Careless words

It has been awhile since I have felt so hurt by things that people say... About Angel or this path that I am on.
Over the past few days I have heard a few comments that have really pierced me. It makes me so sad and angry. 
In some cases I don't think it was out of malice -- just insensitive comments. Most recently though, someone said something to Jeff and by association me, that was so incredibly mean. The lowest blow. And the frustrating thing is that I barely know this person and I can't really retaliate... Not that I would but I feel like protecting Angel, Jeff and I by at least calling them out for being so cruel and insensitive. There is never an ok reason to thrash out at someone about the loss of their child and the pain that exists in this space after loss. Never ever. My heart hurts tonight.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, mama. I am so sorry. My immediate reaction is anger and I want to say, you should send them an email or call them and give them a piece of your mind, and then I think, give me their email address and tell me what they said and I will send them an email letting them know that what they said was NOT okay!!

    But I know that this is probably not appropriate. But really. If you want to fight back, do it. Or if you want somebody to fight back for you, let me know. I'll totally do it.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to keep quiet at times like this when you are hurt more than what they understand. Hugs to you in this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Jen. That's awful, and unfair. :(

    ReplyDelete