With father's day just passing on Sunday, I wanted to take a moment to write about what as amazing Dad Jeff is. Since becoming pregnant with Angel, I've witnessed so many things that show his fatherly heart expanding, like:
How he would touch and talk to my belly
How he named her Ringo and would talk about her and what she would be like
How he made sure I was comfortable and taken care of when pregnant
How he immediately asked to hold her when Angel was born
How gentle and loving he was with her in the hospital and at the funeral home
How he spoke to Angel from the heart and made sure she felt our love for her
How he thoughtfully helped pick out what she would wear and what items would go with her at the funeral home
How he wrote beautiful letters for her, writing down all he wish he could tell her
How he poured his heart into planning Angel's memorial, and how he spoke so eloquently about her at the service
How he proudly got his butterfly tattoo in remembrance of her
How he comforts and holds up her mommy during this journey
How he stands up for and protects Angel's memory
How he tends to Angel's garden
How he is, in every sense of the word, an amazing father, and someone I am grateful to have in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment