"Most people believe our children leave "signs" for us to know that they are okay. Seeing those signs help us to keep our sanity. When we know our child is okay -- even in death -- then we can hold fast to the hope that we will be reunited with our child once again in eternity. Look for YOUR signs -- they are there! Watch for the robin in the snow, the sunshine while it's raining, the note appear from nowhere, the missing sock found laying on your bed. Your "sign" will become your peace!"
Yesterday I feel like Angel sent both Jeff and I signs that she was there.
I was at my brother in laws, standing near the door with my keys in my hand. My niece Mya who is 4, grabs Angel's heart keychain and says "I like your heart!" I reply "I know, it's pretty isn't it?" She turns it over in her hand and says "oh and it has a butterfly on it too!" Mya's mom says, "that's for your cousin Angel, remember we talked about her with you?" Mya..."yeah..."
I looked down to hide my eyes welling with tears.
It means a lot that Amanda spoke to Mya about Angel. I also believe this whole dialogue happened to let me know. Was it an Angel sign? I'd like to think so.
Later that night, Mya also noticed Jeff's tattoo, and he asked her what she thought it was.
"A butterfly! They are my favourite!"

No comments:
Post a Comment