Saturday, 24 November 2012

I know the pain all too well

An extended family member passed away suddenly this week. A cousin, a son.   I cry for the family, for the parents especially. I've had a ton of flashbacks this week to the when we lost Angel, what we felt in those first few hours and days, making the arrangements, visiting with her at the funeral home, her service of remembrance.  This death has brought to the surface alot of those feelings and memories for me.  I am trying to rack my brain of how I can help the family - what would I have wanted that would have helped so early on.  I know they are likely in shock and will be for some time.

Jeff and I are going to the visitation and funeral Sunday and Monday.  I am a bit nervous about it. I know the emotions will keep flowing for me. I know the pain of this family all too well.

I also know this isn't about me or about Angel though.  This is about another young person, someone's child, that has left this earth much too soon.  His soul has joined Angel's on the other side.

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment