Last weekend we had a get together at our house, with Jeff's family. Sometimes I wonder if people get uncomfortable seeing Angel's urn and prints in the living room when we have a party, I wonder if they think it is strange or have any other kinds of judgements about it. I don't care what they think and I wouldn't put her things away to please other people but I am just curious. Before this happened, maybe I would have thought it was creepy or weird, or clingy. Now, I feel like I can't just banish her stuff to a closet or something.
Not many people in the family talk to me about her anymore, but one of Jeff's cousins usually does. She also had a loss so maybe that's why. Anyways, she told me how she thinks about Jeff and I all the time still and wonders how we are doing. She was worried about me when we had that big family event a few weeks ago, and she said she knew how hard it must have been to be around the kids.
I really appreciate that there are people in my life that still think about Angel and will talk to me. It is so rare now. Although there is a disclaimer on that too, because if they want to talk to me in a way that passes judgement or what not, I'd rather they keep quiet! It is just nice to know that she is thought about by people other than Jeff and I. It is also nice having authentic conversations about how we are really doing, if people are up for that.

No comments:
Post a Comment