Saturday, 15 December 2012

This unforgiving world

The tragedy that occurred in Connecticut yesterday reaffirmed to me how unforgiving, unfair and unpredictable this world can be.
Innocent human beings killed. My heart hurts for the families of the victims as they reel in shock and have to pick up the pieces. How do you even do it?
It is incredibly devastating. And it can lead all of us to retreat into hiding, to live in constant fear of what might face us "out there."
I know after my loss I sometimes become overwhelmed with thinking how things can change in an instant. When I say goodbye to Jeff most mornings I be sure to say "I love you" because part of me thinks - what if this is the last time?
The only thing we can do is continue to live our lives with love and faith in the universe. Hug your children, your loved ones, and don't take a moment for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment