I am standing on the threshold between life and death. On the ledge in a scary and unfamiliar place. I don't realize at the time that I have a choice -- or rather even a fork in the road. Stay this course in the depths of sorrow and perhaps join Angel where she is... Or take the other road, which is where everyone else still is. A place of innocence and normalcy I not sure I can relate to again.
The threshold is the most frightening place I have ever been. It has changed me in an instant and forever. While standing on it I thought I was going crazy and that I would be stuck there without a way out.
The threshold was life changing.
I don't know how I got off the threshold exactly but I do know I was led off and at times even carried by others that had been there. Only those that have been there can truly know what it feels like and can reach back to help another.
At times I think about those days and months on the threshold and can't reconcile how I made it through. The darkest of dark, it shakes you to the core. You are ultimately transformed.
.

Utterly. Yes. Big hugs. <3
ReplyDeleteIt's so true. And I still feel close to that threshold sometimes, like I have a choice to make still. It's all so unbearable. <3
ReplyDelete