Friday, 27 January 2012

Angel had a purpose

Last night, I met up with a good friend that I haven't seen since Angel's memorial.  We had such a wonderful conversation, my heart feels full.   She told me that Angel's life & death has impacted her and that the memorial we held for her last August was something she will never, ever forget.  She said she talked about the experience for at least a week, to so many people in her life.  She reminded me of the message that Jeff and I tried to share that day - that life is fragile and not to take it for granted.  To be a better person.  To take a moment and think about one small change we can make in our daily lives that would help others.  Forgive someone you are angry with, donate your time or resources to those less fortunate, share a moment of compassion with a friend in need, tell someone you love them - don't hesitate, and take the opportunity now to reach out to others and make a difference.
Most importantly, my friend told me that Angel had a purpose.   And that everyone that attended that memorial service felt it and was influenced by her.


Angel, do you know how many people you have changed for the better?  I am so proud of you.  This conversation reminded me of all the gifts you have given to Jeff & I, and our friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment