Sunday, 1 January 2012

Looking forward to 2012

I have created a vision board for 2012.  Top & centre is Angel and the words "always remembering."  I will be remembering her this year and for the rest of my days on earth. 

One thing I have to be prepared for and am already experiencing, is reliving the pregnancy with Angel this year.  As we enter the month of January, I can't help but think that this is the month I found out I was pregnant with her last year.  As each day, week and month passes, I will remember different milestones and events during my pregnancy, many moments of excitement and happiness, and eventually many moments of utter sadness.  At a get together with other babyloss moms on Friday night, I asked about this feeling of reliving that I am starting to experience and they confirmed it is like this for the first year.  I had thought once I passed Christmas, New Years and my birthday, maybe I would feel some relief of getting past these particular milestones, and the imagined future with my daughter that I had expected would happen during these times of the year.  Now, I am facing this new challenge.  I know this is all part of the grief process and I need to brace for the triggers and memories.

On my vision board, in the front and centre, is my to do list - inspire, love, hope, share, connect, laugh, survivie, heal.    I think these are important and realistic goals for the year.

Other goals that I have placed around the board is: eating right, being more athletic, home improvements - which includes building a garden for Angel this year in my backyard, successfully delivering at work, being a traveller - by returning to old favourites and/or exploring new paths and locations, focusing on my love for Jeff and the relationship we have with eachother - being romantic and having fun - and potentially exploring the expansion of our family.

Going through this process of the vision board has really helped me today.  As I enter 2012, I have no real sense of what it will bring yet.  But I have chosen some key goals and now have a vision board to remind me what is possible. 

In the centre of the board, I also have the word "happiness." I have said before that Angel inspires me to be a better person and I know she would want both Jeff and I to find happiness and live an authentic and meaningful life.  I am hoping she will show me the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment