January 25, 2011
On this date, one year ago today, Jeff & I found out we were pregnant with Angel. I remember the day very well. We were so excited that we barely slept that night. Immediately we began to think about how different our lives were going to be, becoming a family of three. That night, and then over the course of the pregnancy, we started to conceptualize all our hopes and dreams for our child. It’s funny how you can start to plan things out in your head. Not just the birth of the baby and that first year with them, but years and years down the road. You expect this new little person to be there. For the rest of your life. I had so much joy planning things out and thinking about the future with our little one.
What we can’t deny is that our lives have changed because of her. We miss her terribly and some days it hurts as much as it did when we first lost her in August. One thing is for certain - I would do it all over again, even knowing the outcome. I am Angel’s mom and I would never change that, ever. Angel brought us SO MUCH happiness. And that is what I want to remember today.

__________
Still Would Have Chosen You - by Terri Banish
If before you were born, I could have gone to heaven and saw all the beautiful souls, I still would have chosen you
If God told me, "This soul would one day need extra care and needs", I still would have chosen you
If He would have told me, "This soul may make your heart bleed", I still would have chosen you
If He had told me, "This soul would make you question the depth of your faith", I still would have chosen you
If He had told me, "This soul would make tears flow from your eyes that could fill a river", I still would have chosen you
If He had told me, "This soul may one day make you witness overbearing suffering", I still would have chosen you
If He had told me, "All that you know to be normal would drastically change", I still would have chosen you
Of course, even though I would have chosen you, I know it was God who chose me for you
It's so surreal to think of how happy you were a year ago today, and then what today feels like and what has happened to you since that great day. Thinking of you and Angel.
ReplyDelete