Well we did it! I am so excited to share Angel’s garden!
I am going to post a ton of photos, but essentially the landscapers started on Monday and finished by Friday of this week. They dug up the garden, which is 29 feet by about 6 feet. It is huge and I love it! We also got some nice stonework done around the garden. Eventually we will replace the fence behind it.
The plants are small and spaced out, but they are placed in a way that will allows them to grow in width and height. The grasses at the back are expected to grow up tot 5 or 6 feet tall. Also none of the plants have blooms yet but I can’t wait to see how they grow and bloom this season. I picked lots of great colours – apricot roses, daisies, red bee balm, a multi colour butterfly bush….lots of bright colours that will really pop.
Our landscaper Mike took me to Plant World yesterday to pick everything out. We spent an hour and a half choosing everything. He was describing the memorial garden to one of the sales people at the store who helped us, and he said he wanted it to be full of sensory experiences – sight, smell and sound. After the sales person stepped away he asked if he described it ok, which I really appreciated. He then said to me that for the sensory experience of the garden, he wants it to feel like children laughing. I teared up a bit when he said that. It means a lot that he cared enough about this project, our memorial garden, to really make it special. He also took great care to place Angel’s plaque in a special spot, on and surrounded by rocks and plants.
Here is the list of plants we have in the garden:
Nutmeg Thyme (a creeper plant with purple flowers)
Zebra grass
Physostegia Virgiana (white flowers)
Threadleaf Coreopsis (yellow and red flowers)
Perennial Sage (purple flowers)
Beebalm (red flowers)
Hakonechloa (gold)
Baptisia (purple and yellow flowers)
Fatal Attraction Coneflower (pink flowers)
June Hosta
Princess Margareta rose bush (apricot roses)
Feather Reed Grass
Becky Shasta Daisy
Maggie Daley Astilbe (pink flowers)
Emerald Pink Phlox ( a creeper plant with pink flowers)
Switch Grass
Euphorbia Polychroma (yellow flowers)
Nepeta racemosa (purple flowers)
Tradescantia (gold)
Red Baron Japanese blood grass
Gaillardia Arizona Apricot (orange and yellow flowers)
Wooly thyme (green creeper plant)
Golden Jenny (yellow creeping plant)
Tricolour butterfly bush
Now for the photo bomb….
Before...
Mid project
Garden going in!
Done!!!
Our butterfly bush...it is is supposed to grow to 5 to 6 feet in height, and it is tricolour, white, light pink and dark pink.
Our rose bush - apricot roses
Angel's plaque...it turned out a bit light in this photo but you can see the placement, etc.
SO lovely! :)
ReplyDeleteI love it and I love that Mike had this vision of sight and smell and sound, just the perfect combination for a little girl. The garden is beautiful and her stone is beautiful.
ReplyDelete