Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Rising from the ashes

Recently, I’ve seen a couple of stories in the news and on tv, where others have faced incredible loss and have found the strength to move forward.  Mothers that have lost multiple children, due to horrific circumstances, like murder or suicide, and they have shared their stories and how they continued in the aftermath.

Pinned Image














I know that everyone has a story, has their struggles and pain – many have overcome more than me. It is inspirational to me, to hear how other people have learned from their loss. 

I know that deep, deep pain, and looking back, in the beginning I don’t know how I still got out of bed and put one foot in front of the other some days.  

As you are going through the heart and heat of the pain – words are just words. It is hard to see two feet in front of you, let alone hear a rationale thought of why this happened or how you might continue.

When a loss happens that is senseless and horrible – it devastates you to the core and strips you of everything you knew.

You have to rise from the depths and create a new normal, a new way of being in the world.

Pinned Image
The waves of pain still return – often when you least expect it.

The only way to get through it, is to walk right through the fire and heat of the pain.

You take one step, and another step, and then another, and you start to move through it.

Pinned Image

Hold on to whatever you can, to help you take one more step forward.

For some this might be using the life of their children to bring hope to other’s lives – perhaps through donation of time and resources. 

It may also be engaging in creative activities to help with your grief – such as the gardening I do and I know other mothers do, for their children.


“It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of the greatest difficulty.”  Dalai Lama

You can rise from the ashes of your life.

As long as you are willing to keep taking the breath – you can do it.

There is a way through and way up.

Rising is possible.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment