Friday, 17 February 2012

Angel is watching out for us

There are incidents that have happened since the loss where I feel like Angel might be protecting us.

A couple of weeks after we lost Angel, Jeff got into a major car accident.  A driver cut out in front of him when he had the right of way, and it was a significant crash. The other driver went to the hospital, along with the pedestrian she hit.  Jeff’s front of the car was completely totalled and he could not even open the doors to get out.  However, he walked away without a scratch.  The pedestrian had a broken arm and leg, and the other driver was eventually charged with careless driving.  Jeff had our Angel on his shoulder and I choose to think she protected him from further harm.  When I heard Jeff got in that accident my first reaction was disbelief and anger – was God really trying to take him away too?  But then I thought about it, and I realized that he made it out safely and there was a reason for that.  Something was behind it.

I had another close encounter but not quite a serious, last week. I was walking down the street to get some lunch with my colleague and was about to step off the curb to cross, when a person on a bike zoomed right by me, going the wrong way on a one way street – he passed by me at a good speed, maybe 30-40 km/hour and brushed so close to me, literally within an inch of my face.  My colleague and I jumped back in shock and she said something about my life flashing before my eyes.  It definitely was surprising but as I continued walking I laughed and thanked Angel for watching out for me. 

I choose to think Angel is in a place where she can see our futures play out and she is guiding and protecting us always. And I trust in that.

Pinned Image

1 comment:

  1. I think it is her. Two close calls like that and not a scratch on either of you. It's her.

    ReplyDelete