Sunday, 11 December 2011

Remembering Angel - 4 months

Dear Angel
I can't believe it has been 4 months since we said hello and goodbye. I love you and I miss you, baby girl.  I am thinking of you today and every day. ♥

_______

Last night I had the opportunity to meet up with several other moms to remember our babies gone too soon at a candlelighting event.  It was such a touching and lovely get together.  Vivian hosted it - did such a wonderful job setting it up and creating an atmosphere of love and remembrance, with music and poetry.  Dana, Jackie, Monica and Nigel were also there and it was great to see them all again.  We lit candles for our babies, and for other moms that could not be there.  I feel so lucky to have met these beautiful women and to share these kind of nights with them.  I feel a sense of peace, being given the opportunity to remember Angel, to talk about her, and to light a candle in her honour. 

Here are some pictures.

Candle lit for Angel.  I brought her hat and also the angel that Carmen gave me, as momentos.

We talked a bit last night about "signs" from our babies.  Well I think I got one last night.
When I lit Angel's candle, Billy Joel's song "Lullybye (Goodnight my Angel)" just started playing in the background.  It made me cry even more.  Not only is this a beautiful song that has meaning for my baby, but I danced to this song with my Dad at my wedding. It was an emotional moment.  If that was a sign from you Angel, thank you!

Here is the song for those that don't know it:


I lit this candle in memory, for all the moms I have met in these recent months, that have also lost their babies. 


In Memory...


Group Photos:


Nigel, Monica, Me, Jackie, Dana, Vivian


Dana and Me


Jackie and Me

____________


Dana and I also exchanged gifts with eachother last night.  Here is what I gave here for Jacob.

I also made a donation to Sick Kids in Jacob's name, and in memory of August, Cub, Madeline and Emma Grace.  I knew I wanted to do a donation to Sick Kids this year for Christmas, and I am so glad to do it for Dana and Ted, and their babies.

Dana gave me this beautiful key chain for Angel.  I absolutely LOVE it.   I love that it says "Mom" and has Angel's name on it, and I love the butterflies.  I love that it is a validation and reminder that I am Angel's mom now and always.  I love that I can carry it with me wherever I go.  Thank you Dana, for such a thoughtful gift.


4 months ago, I faced the most difficult day of my life.  I miss Angel so much. But I feel blessed to have the support around me that I need to try and make it through this.  For that, I am incredibly grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment