Thursday, 15 December 2011

A week of surprises...heartfelt gifts for Angel ♥

My heart is feeling pretty full this week.  I have received so many gifts for Angel - expected and unexpected! I feel the love for her, and for me & Jeff.

First things first - I exchanged gifts with my Faces of Loss match Crissy.  Here is what I gave her for Kyle -a candleholder like the one I gave Dana for Jacob, and an ornament with a monkey and Kyle's name/birthdate on it. She said monkeys make her think of him :).






Here is what she gave me - an Angel bunny!  On the front there is a butterfly, Angel's name and birthdate. On my back it says "born with angel wings." Also, her weight and length are on the bum. :)  It is so cute!  Thank you Crissy for this very special gift.  I am so glad to have met you and become friends.





So onto the unexpected....

My aunt Jane from Victoria BC sent me this note and gift this week.


In the card she says that when she put this pin on her blazer she thought of me, Jeff and Angel and decided to send it to me.  My mom gave this to her when she graduated with her Masters in 2000.  She said that she is thinking of me and my family.  Here is the pin.

I was very touched by this....I cried when I opened and read it. I know that Jeff and I think of Angel all the time, and probably our immediate familes think of her often too, but to know that members of my extended family remember Angel and think of her really makes me happy. I love that they think of her and can talk about her. 

Finally, I got this card, stocking and ornament from my parents today.  

The stocking was tucked in the card, and inside the stocking was the ornament.  The card said that the stocking was for Angel and that the ornament is from my parents tree - it is a dove, a sign of peace, and looking at it closely, the dove is sitting on a branch that has three berries and three leaves - one for each person in our family - me, Jeff and Angel. 
♥ ♥ ♥ 


I love it and I am displaying this in my vase with my other ornaments for Angel.    Thank you mom and dad!

As Christmas approaches I miss Angel so much.  Receiving these gifts helps to ease the burden on my heavy heart.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that Angel is being remembered by so many people and that you have received such thoughtful, special gifts. The gifts from your aunt and parents made me cry. I am so, so glad that they are thinking about Angel and you and Jeff and acknowledging her life and the hole that she has left.

    ReplyDelete