My friend Monica and her husband Nigel were in California recently and they visited a place called Little Tokyo, where you can find many "wishing trees" -- in these trees people attach notes to their loves ones that have passed, and you can also attach a wish. Monica generously offered to attach notes for my baby girl and for a few other babyloss moms too.
I am so glad I was able to do this, especially so close to Angel's birthday. At the same time it makes my heart hurt because I miss her so much. I can't say enough how I wish things were different, and that she was in my arms for her first birthday.
This week Jeff discovered a Morrissey song that talks about a girl named Angel...one of the lyrics is "I love you more than life." This pretty much sums up our feelings for our baby girl -- it is a heartache we carry every day.
Here is what I asked Monica to post for Angel.

That is beautiful. I wish she was in your arms. Things should be so different.
ReplyDelete