I will never forget holding her. Touching her little feet and hands. Talking about her features. Letting her go from my arms--- it felt like losing a part of my own body and soul.
___
My dear angel
I can't believe a year has gone by. A whole year without you. Do you know how much you are missed? A piece of my heart was carved out and taken when you left us.
The love and the sorrow is so raw, even a year later. Know that your daddy and I love you and miss you now and everyday. Sending kisses to heaven for your first birthday.
As we wake up in the morning
And you're not here to see,
We grasp for some reality...
That our dreams will never be.
We'll bake a cake and buy balloons,
We'll burn a candle too.
We'll play your music and look at pictures,
And shed some tears for you.
We'll imagine what this day would bring,
If only you weren't gone.
You'd run and laugh and jump about,
We'd sing the birthday song.
You should be here today,
Excited as can be...
Sifting through toys and wrap,
Bursting forth with glee....
But God had other plans for you,
These plans we'll never know.
Today the candle burns,
With no tiny lips to blow.
So on this day my precious daughter
Your birthday number one.....
You're in our thoughts and in our hearts
...as we send to you our love.
Happy Birthday in heaven sweet girl
And you're not here to see,
We grasp for some reality...
That our dreams will never be.
We'll bake a cake and buy balloons,
We'll burn a candle too.
We'll play your music and look at pictures,
And shed some tears for you.
We'll imagine what this day would bring,
If only you weren't gone.
You'd run and laugh and jump about,
We'd sing the birthday song.
You should be here today,
Excited as can be...
Sifting through toys and wrap,
Bursting forth with glee....
But God had other plans for you,
These plans we'll never know.
Today the candle burns,
With no tiny lips to blow.
So on this day my precious daughter
Your birthday number one.....
You're in our thoughts and in our hearts
...as we send to you our love.
Happy Birthday in heaven sweet girl

____
I know I am blessed. Even on this incredibly hard day I can say this.
Here are some of the ways Angel has been remembered by my family and friends.
Here are some of the ways Angel has been remembered by my family and friends.
A dozen knitted hats my mom made as a donation for Calvin's hats, a non profit organization that distributes hats to families who have lost their babies too soon. One hat for every month that grandma and grandpa have missed Angel. ♥

I have received so many posts on facebook and texts from friends and family that remember. I can't tell you how much that means. I really was afraid people wouldn't remember. I feel the love and it makes yesterday and today a bit easier.
I've received a few handwritten cards from Shannon, Jackie and my aunt Jane. Jackie also sent me a beautiful, soft, white feather as a keepsake for Angel.


I've received a few handwritten cards from Shannon, Jackie and my aunt Jane. Jackie also sent me a beautiful, soft, white feather as a keepsake for Angel.

Finally...Shannon created this beautiful video for me...she collected photos from my blog and from what she had, to put this together so Jeff and I could remember Angel on her birthday. It really is such a special way to look back and reflect on the happy times of my pregnancy and the special memories Jeff and I have made in her honour since we lost her. I can't imagine how long this took to do, and I am so, so grateful to her, it is amazing keepsake that I will watch many, many times now and in the future. Thank you Shannon for being a dear friend to me and for always remembering my daughter with me.
Happy Birthday Angel. Sending you a ton of hugs and kisses in Heaven:)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday sweet girl.
ReplyDeleteJen, I'm so glad that so many people have thought about Angel today. That video made me cry, to see how happy you were and then the heartbreak. She will always be loved, missed and remembered.
What a fantastic keepsake my thoughts are with you xx
ReplyDelete