Friday, 30 March 2012

Angel & afterlife

I am not the most religious person but I am spiritual, and I do like to believe that Angel is ok and is in heaven or a similar joyous place of "afterlife", feeling protected by God and protected by other family members that have passed before her.   I guess we won't know until it is our time what is really out there.   

I watched the Duggars episode on TLC this week that talked about losing their daughter Jubilee at 17 weeks, and although I don't necessarily understand their lifestyle and beliefs, what I saw was a grieving mother just like me.  One thing she said really struck me.  She said that she was thinking about her daughter - her heart, her little hands, her feet, her eyes - and when she thought about her eyes she said "God, she saw You first.  She may have never seen my face, but she saw You."  Hearing that broke my heart.  I wish Angel could have looked at me and seen my face, and Jeff's, and known our love in that way. 

This quote was also posted on SOBBS this week:  "Dear God, I would've loved to have held my baby on my lap & told them about You. Since I didn't get a chance, would You please hold him on Your lap & tell them about me? "

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment