So, SOBBS is doing something pretty cool and they are coming up with these "healing" projects every month this year. For March, it was a challenge to create your child's name, in any medium we like, take a picture of the creation and share it. As grieving moms we love to see our child's name written out - in print, sand, snow, beads - anything really. It helps to validate their existence I think. Some of the moms started writing out their child's name and then using each letter to describe how they feel about the loss, and I decided to do the same. Here is what I created for Angel:
The instructions said to "Find ways to carry your child with you, if not in the physical world than in your heart." I love that. And I found doing this project does have a healing effect. It does really help to express yourself - your feelings about your child and your loss, using creative means.

What is SOBBS? I want to participate!
ReplyDelete