Wednesday, 14 March 2012

My Ojizo

This past Sunday, I got together with Jackie, Akemi and Vivian, and we did a creative art project at Akemi's friends store on the Danforth.  We made pottery Ojizos - the Buddist protector of children. Ojizo-same protects children that have been miscarried, stillborn or died early in life. You usually see them holding a baby, and with one or two other babies at his/her feet.


Here is the one I made, just as clay for now. It is going to be "fired" in the kiln and then I'll get the final product at our next get together.



Jackie & I working away:



Here are the others:



I find these get togethers very healing.  Not only is it healing to express yourself and your emotions about this loss through a creative project - I also value the time I spend with other moms that have faced a loss like me.  We just "get" eachother and can talk about all sorts of stuff. We talk about our losses and our challenges as we move forward, but we also talk about all kinds of other "regular" stuff.  I have made some amazing friends, because of Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment